Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Short Story Getting Nothing Done

Today I stopped by Stanmeyer Realtor office around 9:30a.m.  The place is over up north on Montrose and Lincoln Ave.  My cellular phone went dead and no one was in the office.  Stans four dour Chariot wasn't in site and the sun was shining pretty bright.  The weather has meterologists predicting sunshine seven straight days in a row this week which is rare and peculiar in the windy city of Chicago.

As usual I picked up a cup of coffee and drove straight to the gym I've been going to for over three years to see what the next class would be.  Frank gave a good ab class and I headed out for my second cup of coffee when I recieved a text message from another realtor office to confirm a commission release invoice for the apartment I technically was going to show five college adults in Wrigleyville.

Payment day was here it had already been a month since the 5 bedroom showing and all those blank nights serving at Saturdays weddings.  There really isn't any chance I'd thought to call my broker work blank, since it was so indescribably slow for me.  Another wedding to hold back my unstable emotions during the father daughter dance.  Oh no here it goes again, the song from the movie Gost playing and the lights are turned down. 

I rush and look for my best chance out of the banquet room and outside to get some fresh air when I realize I'm alone and on the clock.  Anyone could be looking for me and wondering where I'm at.  Playing around with my work schedules hoping to get work from temporary agencies no one is calling me back or they are scheduling me on the days I work already at the other company.

I'm calmer than I've ever been.  A wanderlust of customer service jobs fills my head in retail or sales positions and I'm fearing the limited box I feel trapped inside of.  Fidgeting and antsy I move to the library where the heat is to hot and theres a customer on the computer next to me with too much cologne but its aroma is tranquilzing.

the end

No comments:

Post a Comment